03 July, 2008

Wind

Abbie and I went to the Rebelution conference in Dallas last weekend. On the way the air conditioner started acting funny. We ended up having to turn off the air for a while and roll down the windows. We hardly ever roll the windows down when we are the interstate (I'm hardly ever on the interstate anyway), so I did not realize that rolling the windows down would mean so much air being pushed in the car. (My mom keeps telling me I am blonde. I guess she is right!)Anyway, I was shocked. I guess air doesn't flow through the car at the same speed when you are going 70 mph as when you are going 40 mph.

Having the windows down was fun for the first five min., but soon I started getting tired of fighting to stay sitting in one place, the air was so strong! I eventually had to roll my window up for a min, and rest, then roll it back down, then back up, several times. In the end, we were able to keep our windows up, and the air conditioner worked better then ever!

God is the air conditioner. (No, I do not worship our air conditioner, but I do enjoy it!) We are the passengers in the car of 'life'. We found out that our air conditioner was acting funky, so we needed to open our windows to the world. And, although it was good for us, (it fixed the conditioner,) I needed a break from the world. I needed tofall back into the car with my window rolled up to rest. We, as people are the same way. We will be forced into the winds of life, and it strengthens our relationship with God, but to be able to survive we have to often and always fall back on God.

-Lauren

1 comment:

Joyous Victory said...

Thanks, Grace - it's always great to be reminded that we don't have to do this on our own!